Below are some commonly asked questions on the DTEN ON 55 device. If you are new to the ON 55 device, the answers to our FAQ may help.
What is the DTEN ON?
- The DTEN ON 55 is an All-in-One Zoom Rooms appliance that includes Zoom Rooms’ limited features of Meeting, Join Meetings, and Whiteboarding.
What version is the Zoom Rooms on the DTEN ON 55?
- This is a special Zoom Rooms version 5.0.0 or higher.
Can I update the DTEN ON system through the Zoom Portal?
- This feature will be available in the next Zoom Rooms App release, targeted by late August.
Can I update the Zoom Rooms version on the DTEN ON?
- No. It will be available in the near future on the Zoom Portal.
Can you control the camera by using digital PTZ?
- Yes, ePTZ feature is available.
- Auto-framing feature support will be available in a future update.
Can I use other video conferencing applications other than Zoom?
- No. The DTEN ON is a Zoom Rooms Appliance that only works with Zoom Rooms.
How many points of touch are present on the DTEN ON?
- 10-touch points.
Can you connect it to WiFi that requires a captive portal?
Does it have a network proxy setting?
- Yes, available in firmware 1.3.4 and above.
Is there any remote administration available to reboot or restart the Zoom Room service running on the device?
- You can restart the system via the Zoom Portal.
Can you connect USB devices to the DTEN ON?
- No. There is no USB port.
What types of inputs and outputs comes with the DTEN ON?
- HDMI In x 1
- 3.5mm Audio Out Jack x 1
- Ethernet LAN (RJ45) x 1
Can I connect a second monitor to the DTEN ON?
- No. The DTEN ON does not support this function.
Can other Android applications be on the DTEN ON?
- No. The DTEN ON is designed as a Zoom Rooms Appliance.
Are there additional audio options available with the DTEN ON?
If you have additional questions, please contact DTEN Support at email@example.com for assistance.
The DTEN ON 55 has the latest firmware with the latest app version 5.0.5 that will be able to function after 14 August 2020.
Here are some functions I have tested.
- Proximity sharing works in both Zoom Room or Zoom Digital Signage
- Manual PTZ work but no Auto Framing
- Cannot be setup as Companion Whiteboard
- Cannot add Zoom Room Controller
- Fixed location touch keyboard on screen
- 10 point touch in whiteboard mode
- No Airplay Support
- HDMI input auto switch. When a Laptop / PC use the wired HDMI input of the DTEN ON, it automatically switched to HDMI input. No manual selection / deselect for HDMI input available from DTEN ON. This is not for Zoom Room content sharing via HDMI.
Since DTEN ONs are essentially appliance based hardware dedicated for zoom, there is no capability for any additional add-on or upgrade.
No backend login or any additional network setting capability. (i.e. No proxy or firewall restrictions on the DTEN ON itself)
Especially on point 3, 4 and 7. Please provide detailed feedback if they will be a permanent difference compare to a DTEN D7.