How to use Zoom's New Whiteboard
The Zoom New Whiteboard is a powerful tool that enhances collaboration and communication during or outside Zoom meetings on DTEN devices. This guide will walk you through steps to effectively use the Zoom New Whiteboard Feature.
Designed Use Case
As a Zoom Companion Whiteboard
In this use case, the DTEN device serves as a Zoom companion whiteboard, enhancing collaboration and brainstorming during Zoom meetings. Users can leverage the Zoom advanced whiteboard feature to share ideas, make annotations, and engage in real-time discussions with remote participants.
As a Zoom Standalone Whiteboard
In this use case, the DTEN device functions as a standalone whiteboard in Zoom, allowing users to deliver engaging presentations, and brainstorming sessions while utilizing the Zoom platform. Users can leverage the Zoom advanced whiteboard features to interact with their audience or colleagues and deliver dynamic content in real-time.
Set up your DTEN ONboard
You have the option to utilize the DTEN ONboard as a companion whiteboard alongside your existing meeting appliance in a conference room, or configure it as an independent standalone whiteboard in common areas.
Use Case 1: Use as a Zoom Companion Whiteboard (CWB) in a conference room
To set up your DTEN ONboard as a Zoom Companion Whiteboard (CWB):
- Check if your DTEN board and meeting appliance (e.g., video or audio conferencing devices) are on the same network.
- Tap Sign In. This will require you to connect the board to the same Zoom Room that your meeting appliance is already connected to.
If your DTEN board is not a DTEN ONboard:
- You will see the room type option on the screen. Tap Companion Whiteboard.
You can always connect the DTEN board to a different Zoom Room. Tap Settings > Sign out, then repeat the setup steps mentioned above to connect the DTEN board to the desired Zoom Room.
If there is no meeting appliance connected to the Zoom Room or in use, you will encounter an error message on the DTEN board screen.
Use Case 2: Use as a Zoom Standalone Whiteboard in common areas
If you do not have a standalone whiteboard Zoom Room yet, create one on ZDM. Click Standalone Whiteboard as Room Type.
If you have a standalone whiteboard Zoom Room:
- Tap Sign in, and connect your DTEN board to the standalone whiteboard Zoom Room.
Get started with the Zoom new whiteboard
Create new whiteboards
On the DTEN board device, tap the screen to enter a new whiteboard session. You will see the unlimited canvas and tools:
- You can create up to 12 pages of whiteboards in one session.
- Multiple editing tools including drawing pens, shapes, lines, text boxes, and sticky notes.
- 33 preset templates from Zoom.
- You can summon minimap by clicking the map icon or see all content by tapping the fit to screen option at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Share existing whiteboard from a personal account
You can share whiteboards whether you are presenting in a meeting or collaborating with co-workers locally.
Step 1: Pair your device with the DTEN board
- You can use proximity share or the sharing key to pair to your personal laptop with the Zoom Room.
Step 2: Share the whiteboard
- Click theIcon in the same block of the whiteboard you’d like to share in your personal client.
- Click Open in [The name of the ZR].
Step 3: End the whiteboard session
- Tap X located on the top right corner of the screen.
Share the companion whiteboard to a meeting (CWB only)
When you start or join a meeting on your main meeting appliance, the content shown on the DTEN board will be shared automatically with the participants.
If you wish to temporarily stop sharing the whiteboard, you can do so by tapping Stop Share. Additionally, you have the flexibility to share the board again at any point during the meeting by tapping New Share.
Annotate shared screen or shared whiteboard from the remote participant (CWB only)
During a meeting, remote participants also have the ability to share content with the rest of the attendees. This shared content, including screen shares, Zoom classic whiteboard, or the Zoom New Whiteboard, will be displayed automatically on the companion DTEN board.
If you want to switch back to the whiteboard on the DTEN board, tap SWITCH TO CONTENT.
Pair and save whiteboards
The whiteboard session will end automatically after 60 minutes of inactivity. To prevent any loss of content and safeguard your work, tap X located in the top right corner to save the whiteboard to personal cloud storage.
Step 1: Pair your device with the DTEN board
- You can use proximity share or the sharing key to pair your personal laptop with the Zoom Room.
- You can also scan the QR code to pair your phone with the Zoom Room.
Step 2: Save the whiteboard to your account
- Tap your or the desired owner’s icon next to the QR code.
- Tap Save to save the whiteboard.
Alternatively: export the board in PNG or PDF format
- Tap Export Image.
- Type in the email address of the recipient(s) and select the file format.
- Tap Export.
If you have additional questions, please contact DTEN Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.