This article is intended for use when you received the three flash drives from Support. This is to update the entire unit manually because the unit is below v1.3.0 and cannot automatically update. PLEASE DO NOT CLONE THE USB DRIVES
Step A - Main Bins Update (Green USB)
1. Turn on the D7
2. Plugin the wired keyboard and Green USB to the USB ports on the lower section of the D7. (You might find a sticker reading "Please do not remove Sticker" on the left-back of the unit. You can remove this sticker and it will expose additional ports.)
3. Go the back of the D7, press the third physical button from the top.
4. The “General Setting” menu will appear. Please enter “1 3 7 9” from your wired keyboard while the menu is up. (Please note: do not use the number keypad; use the row of number keys above the “QWERTY” row)
5. The factory menu will show up as shown. Using the arrow key on your keyboard and select 3. Upgrade MCU.
6. Select Confirm.
7. The system will then start to update. Please wait until the reaches 100% and the D7 display will reboot.
8. Once the D7 is back up. Select the “General Setting” menu by following steps 1-3 under the section “Step A - Main Bins Update”. Use the wired keyboard to press “1 3 7 9”.
9. Select 5. Upgrade Main Bin
3. Select Confirm
4. The system will begin updating. Please wait until it reaches 100% and the D7 display will reboot.
5. Please wait until the D7 display fully reboots, as this may take a while. Once the reboot is finished, the Main Bins update is completed.
Step B - BIOS Update (Red USB)
1. Please turn on the D7 display.
2. Insert the Red USB flash drive and the wired keyboard to the USB ports on the rear, top section of the D7 display’s PC.
3. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and you will see the following screen.
4. Please click on “Sign Out”.
5. You will be brought to the Windows lock screen.
6. Please select “ZoomAdmin” as the account to log in to Windows 10.
8. You will then see the prompt to log in to “ZoomAdmin”. Please enter the password and log in.
The passwords for both accounts are:
Zoom (Zoom Rooms) - Zoom123
ZoomAdmin (access to the PC) - Zoom1234
9. The Windows operating system will then show up.
10. Tap on the “Windows” icon, click the Power button and select "Restart" the PC.
11. While the system is restarting, press the “F7” key on your wired keyboard.
12. This will show up, and select Samsung Flash Drive 1100
13. Wait until you see the free DOS menu screen below.
11. Type “107.bat" and press Enter
12. Wait until the process finishes. The screen would then display “FPT Operation Successful”. Then press the “Ctrl”, “Alt, and “Delete” keys in succession to reboot the system.
Step C - IoT Image Update (Blue USB)
1. Once the D7 display is back up, insert the Blue-labeled USB flash drive and the wired keyboard to the USB ports on the rear, top section of the D7 display’s PC.
2. Please restart the PC
3. While the system is restarting, keep pressing “F7” on your keyboard
4. This time, select “UEFI: Samsung Flash Drive 1100, Partition 1” and press “Enter” on the wired keyboard.
5. If you see this screen, please press 1 and wait. Otherwise, please ignore this step.
6. You will see this screen. You don’t do anything, please wait
7. Once in the “Home” tab, please select “My Disks” under the “Recover” section.
8. If you see the following screen, please skip step 9 to 11. If you see the screen shown as Figure 8B instead, please follow steps 9 to 11.
(Figure 8A: Win10)
(Figure 8B: No Items display)
9. If the screen shows no items to display, please click Browse. Double click the “Removable Drive (F:)”
10. Under “Removable Drive (F:)”, select “WIN10_648_20190925_v9_full_b1_s1_v1”, and click ok.
11. You should see the screen shown the same as the figure 8A above. Then click Next.
12. Under the “Recovery method” tab, please select Recover whole disks and partition, and then select “Next”.
13. Select the checkbox Disk 1, to select all the boxes, then Next.
10. You will see this screen and select Next.
11. Continue by selecting OK.
12. Then Proceed.
13. Select “Restart the computer when the operation is complete” while the system is updating.
14. The system will restart after the update is done.
15. After the system is restarted, if you see the screen shown as Figure 15 A below, it means the update is successful, please skip step 20 to 26 and go through step 27, 28, and 29. If you see the screen “Windows Boot Manager” shown as Figure 19 B below, it means you need to take a few more steps, please go through step 20 to 26.
Figure 15 A: Update Successful
Figure 15 B: Windows Boot Manager
16. If the system restarts and the screen “Windows Boot Manager” is shown, please press “F2” on the keyboard. Then, the following screen “Aptio Setup Utility” should be shown. If not, please restart the system again and keep trying to press “F2” before the screen “Windows Boot Manager” pop-up, until the screen “BIOS Setup Utility” is shown.
17. In the “BIOS Setup Utility” interface, press “→” on the keyboard in order to select “Boot”
18. Under “Boot”, press “↓” on the keyboard in order to select “Boot Option #1”, then press “Enter” on the keyboard.
19. You will see the pop-up windows as shown below, which indicates the first “Window Boot Manager” is your default.
20. Now, select the other “Window Boot Manager” by pressing “↓” on the keyboard. Then, press “Enter” on the keyboard.
21. In the “BIOS Setup Utility” interface, press “→” on the keyboard in order to select “Save & Exit”. Under “Save & Exit”, select “Save Changes and Exit”, and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
22. There will be a pop-up window to ask you to confirm, select “Yes” and press “Enter” on the keyboard. The system will restart automatically.
23. If you see the screen shown as below, it means the update is successful, you can continue to go through step 17. If not, please go back to step 15.
17. The D7 display will initiate and set up Zoom Rooms, please follow the instruction shown on the screen.
When that is completed, Zoom Rooms will launch.
Article is closed for comments.