This article describes how to prepare your DTEN D7 for the Polycom Trio (8500 & 8800) virtual USB service. We must first login to the correct Windows User to install the Virtual USB Service
Log into Windows - Method 1
- Plugin the Windows-layout wired keyboard onto the PC's blue USB port (the rear, top-left port).
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and you will see the following screen and you will be brought to the Windows lock screen.
- Click on “Sign Out” and select "Zoom Admin"
Note: Zoom Rooms will start one more time. To exit Zoom Rooms, tap on the screen and press "Exit" on the bottom left.
The password the account is:
- ZoomAdmin (access to the PC) - Zoom1234
- Touch the D7 display and click on the Settings button
- In the Settings view, select the General tab on the left side
- Select the Windows Settings option to exit D7 into Windows Interface
- Select “Zoom Admin” → enter Zoom1234 to enter the Window Interface
1. Download and install Polycoms Virtual USB Software for your Trio using the browser on your DTEN:
Please note: If you experience user permission issues, please disable Windows UAC.
Additionally, the Polycom installation will add the application to the Windows Startup list. You can prevent the application from starting again/throwing an error message by opening the Task Manager > Startup > Right-click on Poly Virtual USB Connector for Zoom Rooms Application > Disable
2. Follow the Start Poly Virtual USB before Windows Logon article to make sure that the Poly Microphone and Speaker are available as input/output devices in Zoom Rooms.
After this, please read Setting Up the Polycom Trio as a Zoom Rooms Controller