Try these troubleshooting steps if there are poor internet connection issues such as latency, a frozen screen, poor-quality audio or disconnect, with your DTEN D7 unit due to low WiFi Bandwidth.
This article covers:
- Troubleshooting Poor Internet Connection Issues
Troubleshooting Poor Internet Connection Issues
If there are poor Internet connection issues such as: latency, frozen screen, poor-quality audio or disconnect, with your DTEN D7 unit, please try the following steps to troubleshoot these issues.
Example #1: Possible Low WiFi Bandwidth
- Check your internet bandwidth speed using either of these free services: Speedtest or Speakeasy..
- For best Internet connection experiences, DTEN recommends using an ethernet cable instead of wireless WiFi to connect the D7 unit to the Internet.
- Please check Zoom’s recommended bandwidth requirements: HERE.
Example #2: WiFi Antennas or Ethernet Cable Not Connected to the DTEN D7 Unit
- Check if the antennas are connected in the back located near the rear, top, left side of the DTEN D7 unit. If not, please connect the antennas.
- Check if the ethernet cable is connected to the PC port in the back of the DTEN D7 unit. Ethernet connection is the recommended option for DTEN D7 units.
Example #3: Other Causes
- Check with your IT/Network team to determine if there is a firewall setting that’s blocking the connection of the D7 unit to the network and internet.
- Check if there is any software downloading in the background.
If any of these issues still persist, please contact DTEN Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.