Thank you for purchasing DTEN Inc. product(s). Please keep these important terms and conditions document in a safe place. This document will be needed at the time of Claim. These Limited Warranty and Support Terms are an agreement between DTEN Inc. and you. Please read them carefully. BY ACCEPTING SHIPMENT OF YOUR DTEN INTERACTIVE PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED SELLER (THE “PRODUCT”) OR BY ACCEPTING PRODUCT SUPPORT, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
The customer shall be entitled to warranty coverage solely as identified below.
- Limited Warranty. DTEN warrants that the Product will perform substantially as described in the applicable Product documentation for a period as follows from the 8th day after the Product has arrived at Customer (the “Limited Warranty Term”). Customer must (i) provide notice to DTEN during the Limited Warranty Term, and (ii) upon request, provide proof of purchase including the serial number of the Product and date of purchase. This Limited Warranty only applies if you have made full payment for the Product and only covers those defects that arise as a result of the normal use of the Product. See Item F for a list of DTEN products.
- Warranty Exclusions. This Limited Warranty does not apply to (a) software settings that are beyond the default OS system setup, (b) Product that has been damaged by Customer negligence; abuse; accident; acts of God; misuse; misapplication; incorrect line voltage, fluctuations, and surges; failure to follow operating instructions; or improper installation, (c) Product that has been modified or had its seals are broken or serial number removed or defaced, or (d) damage or injury related to the improper installation or placement of the wall mount to which the Product is attached or to the Customer's selection and use of any Third-Party Stand. For the sake of clarity, the Customer is responsible for proper installation and placement of the wall mount for the Product, and for Customer's selection and use of any Third-Party Stand. The warranty exclusion contained in subparagraph (d) above does not apply to damages or injury unrelated to the installation or placement of the wall mount to which the Product is attached or to the Customer's selection and use of any Third-Party Stand.
- Backup. If your product is capable of storing software programs, data, and other information, you should protect its contents against possible operational failures. Before you deliver your product for warranty service, it is your responsibility to keep a separate backup copy of the contents, remove all personal information and data that you want to protect and disable security passwords. THE CONTENTS OF YOUR PRODUCT WILL BE DELETED AND THE STORAGE MEDIA RE-FORMATTED IN THE COURSE OF WARRANTY SERVICE. Your product or a replacement product will be returned to you as your product was originally configured when it was purchased, subject to applicable updates.
- No Other Warranties. The express warranty stated in this Section A is the only express warranty to the Customer and is provided in lieu of all other express or implied warranties and conditions (if any) including any created by any other statements, documentation or packaging. No other warranties or conditions are made with respect to the Product or the Limited Warranty by any person, including but not limited to DTEN and its suppliers. No other information (oral or written) or suggestions given by DTEN, its agents or suppliers or its employees shall create a warranty or condition or expand the scope of the Limited Warranty stated in Section A. Also, there is no warranty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement in the Product. Customers may have greater rights existing under legislation in Customer's jurisdiction. Where any term of the Limited Warranty is prohibited by such laws, it shall be null and void, but the remainder of the Limited Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.
B. PRODUCT SUPPORT
DTEN offers the following types of support for the Product.
Product support is only limited to supporting the original hardware and software system. DTEN does not support any non-original software in the system. If the customer re-images or modifies the original DTEN system, DTEN will not be able to support the system and will have the right to refuse to serve.
Some Support Services may be provided by a DTEN contractor. To obtain the support, the Customer must open a service ticket throughhttps://help.dten.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Following a diagnostics call with DTEN’s Customer Support, DTEN will assign the proper product support team.
Customer Cooperation. Customer agrees to cooperate with DTEN: (a) to notify DTEN promptly of any defect, error or Product malfunction and to submit to DTEN such information that DTEN may reasonably require to reproduce the error or Product malfunction and the operating conditions under which the error or Product malfunction was discovered; (b) to install, if requested by DTEN and within Customer security guidelines, a network connection that will be made available to DTEN for the purpose of resolving problems, reviewing Customer use of software, or for any other reasonable purpose, and (c) to notify DTEN of any additional hardware or software not purchased from DTEN that may be used in conjunction with the Product.
- Advance Replacement Support. DTEN will place equivalent replacement parts in the mail for shipment to Customers’ address of record at DTEN’s expense. Customer is responsible for installing replacement parts, packaging the defective Advance Exchange Hardware parts in the same packaging the Advance Replacement Hardware parts were received and making arrangements with DTEN within 7 calendar days for the return of the defective Advance Replacement Hardware to DTEN.
a) DTEN Boards
Customer will not be charged for the replacement Product(s) as long as (i) you schedule a return pickup of the original Product(s) within 7 calendar days after you receive the replacement unit and (ii) the problem you reported with the Product(s) proves to be covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty. If you do not schedule a return pickup of the original Product(s) within 7 calendar days after you receive the replacement unit or if DTEN determines that the problem with your Product(s) is not covered by the limited warranty, DTEN will charge the costs of shipping of the replacement Product(s), the costs of any prepaid shipping labels previously emailed to you, and the current standard price for the applicable replacement Product(s) to your credit card or the original form of payment used at the time you placed your original order.
b) Other DTEN Products
Customer will not be charged for the replacement Product(s) as long as (i) DTEN receives the returning product(s) within 14 calendar days after an RMA request is accepted by DTEN and (ii) the problem you reported with the Product(s) proves to be covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty. If DTEN does not receive the original Product(s) within 14 calendar days after the shipment date of your replacement order or if DTEN determines that the problem with your Product(s) is not covered by the limited warranty, DTEN will charge the costs of shipping the replacement Product(s), the costs of any prepaid shipping labels previously emailed to you, and the current standard price for the applicable replacement Product(s) to your credit card or the original form of payment used at the time you placed your original order.
- Onsite Repair. A DTEN resource will contact the Customer to schedule a mutually agreed upon service date. The DTEN resource will arrive at the Customer site at the prescribed date and time to service the Product. This option is available only in certain countries.
- Customer Self Repair. DTEN products are designed with many Customer Self Repair parts to minimize repair time and allow for greater flexibility in performing defective parts replacement. If during the diagnosis period, DTEN Support identifies that the repair can be accomplished by the use of self-repair parts, DTEN will ship that part directly to you for replacement.
- Consultation and Problem Resolution. DTEN shall provide consultation to Customer via email or telephone during normal business hours to permit Customers to report problems and seek assistance in the use of the Product. DTEN shall assist Customers in the diagnosis of Product issues. Customer acknowledges and agrees that to the extent that repair and/or replacement involves costs not covered under Advance Replacement Support, Return for Repair or Onsite Repair Support (including, but not limited to, express shipping), the Customer is responsible for all such costs.
C. SUPPORT TERMS
- Besides the standard one (1) year of Limited Warranty and Support in this agreement, DTEN also offers various extended warranty and support plans for additional fees that will be due upon the initial purchase of each Product. You may talk to an Authorized Seller for options available.
- Any replacement Product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the Product being replaced.
- Support for Products is dependent upon the availability of resources and materials. DTEN will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the necessary resources and materials available.
- Consultation and Problem Resolution is provided in conjunction with Advance Replacement Support, Return for Repair, On-site Repair, and Customer Self Repair.
- The customer is responsible for any work necessary to prepare the site for Product installation.
- The customer is responsible for disposing of any packaging debris, connecting the Product to the Customer’s network or other peripherals (e.g., enclosures, printers, cameras, etc.) and setting necessary passwords.
- DTEN will use ground shipping by default (unless specified) to ship Product to Customer.
- LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. Customers can recover from DTEN and its suppliers only direct damages up to the amount Customer paid. Unless otherwise provided under any local law applicable to you, the Customer cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages. This limitation applies to
- Anything related to the Product or Limited Warranty;
- Product Support; and
- Claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other torts to the extent permitted by the applicable law.
- It also applies even if DTEN knew or should have known about the possibility of damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to the Customer because the Customer’s country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the parties’ entire agreement concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes any other prior and contemporaneous communications. Any terms and conditions, maintained by the Customer or its affiliates or contained in any purchase order will not apply. This Agreement may be amended only in writing when signed by both parties.
- Applicable Law. Delaware state law governs the interpretation of this Agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws and tort.
- Termination. Either Party may terminate this Agreement if the other party is in material breach or default of any obligation that is not cured within 30 calendar days’ notice of such breach. You agree to pay all fees for Support Services performed and expenses incurred prior to termination. The sections regarding confidentiality, no warranties, limitation of liability, termination and miscellaneous of this Agreement will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Validity. This warranty is valid only to DTEN products that are purchased through DTEN direct or registered partners.
- DTEN Product One-Year Limited Warranty List
Products with one-year Limited Warranty Period:
- DTEN D7 series
- DTEN Accessories
* Note: Some products may not be available to your region.