New Out of Box Experience of DTEN Android Devices
The new Out of Box Experience (OOBE) for DTEN Android products offers significant improvements over the previous version, enhancing user experience. This new OOBE addresses key customer feedback, making the setup and update processes more intuitive and efficient.
Benefits of the New OOBE (New Out of Box Experience of DTEN Android Devices):
Network Certificate Upload Assistance
- Step-by-step instructions and explanations in DTEN WebGUI help users easily upload network certificates, ensuring secure network connectivity.
Enhanced Box-to-Upgrade Progress Visibility
- Improved flow provides visible progress during download and installation of upgrade packages, allowing users to track progress and estimate upgrade time.
Proactive OTA Server Connection Guidance
- Prompt to add OTA server to network firewall whitelist helps users overcome restrictions, ensuring successful retrieval of upgrade packages.
Flexible Network Connection Setup
- Option to skip network setup during initial device setup provides flexibility, allowing users to configure the device without an immediate network connection.
Manual Retry and Network Stability Guidance
- Empower users with a manual retry mechanism for failed upgrades and provide guidance on maintaining a stable network connection for successful upgrades.
These updates aim to boost user satisfaction by simplifying the OOBE process, addressing specific user concerns, and streamlining device setup and upgrades.
- DTEN D7X Android with v1.5.5 and above
- DTEN Bar with v1.0.0 and above
- Strongly Recommended: Maintaining a stable network connection throughout the OOBE process.
For DTEN Bar, Start from here:
- Upon reaching the first screen of the DTEN Bar'sOOBE, you can either pair the device with a DTEN Mate or proceed with the remote control:
Option 1: Control your device through a DTEN Mate: you can activate your DTEN Bar’s control through DTEN Mate by either:
- Enter the pairing code displayed on the DTEN Bar into DTEN Mate.
- Scanning the QR code displayed on the DTEN Mate with your DTEN Bar to establish a connection.
Option 2: Control your device with a DTEN Remote Control, if you don't have a DTEN Mate handy:
- Plug the DTEN Remote's USB dongle into a USB port on the DTEN Bar.
- Press the "OK" button on the remote control to continue.
For DTEN D7X Android, Start from here:
- You can choose different meeting platforms based on their needs. If you want to switch between meeting platforms, please factory reset the device and follow the same OOBE process.
Important Note: Platform selection for DTEN Bar will become available later this year, via a firmware update.
- You can choose the language you prefer and then click "Next" to proceed to the next step. Currently, DTEN supports English, Spanish, Japanese, French, and German.
- We recommend connecting your device to a wired network. However, you can also choose to click on "Select Wi-Fi Network Instead" to connect via Wi-Fi.
- In the advanced network settings, you have the option to configure proxies and IP configurations. After finalizing these settings, please click “Save” followed by “Next” to move on to the subsequent step.
Additionally, you have the option to click "Next" to bypass this step temporarily and configure your network settings later via the device's settings page.
- The “Certificates" tab provides instructions for using DTEN WebGUI - Enterprise Security Support. If your enterprise network requires uploading certificates such as 802.1x, you can remotely access the device through DTEN WebGUI and upload the certificates. Click "Next" to proceed to the next step.
- The device automatically sets the time zone based on its IP address and defaults to a 12-hour clock format. If you prefer the 24-hour clock format, you can manually select it. To adjust the time zone, click on the "Change Timezone" button on the left. A list of time zones will appear, allowing you to choose the one that fits your location. After making your selection, click the "Next" button to proceed.
- Out-of-box Software Update:
The system will automatically check for any available updates for the device during this step, which may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
If your device is up to date, the following message will appear on your screen and automatically vanish after 5 seconds.
System Update Failed: If your corporate network’s firewall and security whitelist do not include DTEN's servers on their whitelist, the device will not be able to retrieve system updates. In this case, you will see the following message on your device screen. Scan the QR code located in the bottom right corner of the screen to learn how to configure your firewall and security whitelist settings.
New Version Found: If a new firmware version is available for your device, you will be directed to this page to initiate the update. Simply click on "Update Now".
Downloading: The download of the update package is in progress. The circle represents the current completion progress.
If the package download fails, an error message will appear. You have the option to manually retry the download or opt for an automatic update overnight.
Installing the update package
Update Completed: Once the update is completed, the following interface shown will automatically disappear after 5 seconds.
If you have additional questions, please contact DTEN Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.