Below are some commonly asked questions on the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME. If you are new to the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME, the answers provided in this FAQ list may be very helpful.
1. What is the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME?
- The Zoom for Home - DTEN ME is an all-in-one personal collaboration device perfectly sized for the home and office with Zoom software built-in
2. What communications and collaboration capabilities are included?
- As an all-in-one, Zoom for Home - DTEN ME includes video conferencing, phone calling, whiteboarding and annotation all in an ultra thin 27” touch display
3. What will come in the box?
- 27” Zoom for Home - DTEN ME
- Power cord
4. What are the key product features?
- Full HD touch display to illustrate ideas and interact with documents and presentations
- Smart camera technology in a 3-camera array for wide-angle and life-like video for the optimal view of the room
- Audio AI and 8-microphone array for crystal clear audio and noise reduction
- Lightweight and portable
5. What is DTEN audio AI technology?
- DTEN uses proprietary algorithm-based audio processing that enhances the speaker's voice and suppresses environmental noises to deliver high quality audio experience with echo cancellation and automatic gain control
- Audio optimization for personal and smaller workspaces
6. What is DTEN smart camera technology
- The 3-camera array provides a combined, ultra-wide, 160 degree field-of-view with up to 95% room coverage
7. What is the mic pick up range ?
- Zoom for Home - DTEN ME is optimized for picking up voices up to 16 ft. making it ideal for home offices and smaller workspaces
8. How many ports are in the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME?
- 1x Ethernet
- 1 x HDMI In
9. Is there a USB port?
10. How does the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME connect to the Internet?
- DTEN ME can connect to the Internet using the device’s Wi-Fi antenna (802.11ac) or use Ethernet (RJ-45) for a more stable connection
11. Does the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME have a universal Bluetooth?
- Yes, the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME now offers universal Bluetooth connectivity with the release of version 1.6.1. You can now connect your Bluetooth headset or speaker to the DTEM ME.
Note: Connecting to a keyboard, mouse, or your mobile phone via Bluetooth is currently not supported.
12. Does DTEN ME include a headset in the box?
13. Can the DTEN ME device be used with a monitor mount?
- Yes. This requires accessory mount adapters, which can be purchased with the system
14. What are the product dimensions and weight?
- 24.25 x 15.4 x 4.1 in (616mm x 391mm x 104mm)
- 15.4lb (7kg)
15. How do I enable the Monitor function and connect my laptop?
- Use HDMI cable (not included) to connect Zoom for Home - DTEN ME to your laptop
16. Can I simply switch between Zoom Rooms and monitor?
- Yes. To switch between Zoom for Home - DTEN ME as a Zoom Rooms collaboration device and monitor mode:
- Swipe horizontally across the touch screen by multi-touch (minimum of 3 fingers of your hand). (Repeat this swipe anytime to move between Zoom Rooms and monitor mode.)
17. What is the DTEN ME screen resolution?
- 1920x1080p (Full HD)
18. Can you adjust the lighting on the DTEN ME or does it have image correction or softening
- No, DTEN ME does not offer adjustability for the lighting, image correction or softening of the display at this time.
19. Can I upgrade Zoom for Home - DTEN ME remotely?
- Yes. Zoom for Home - DTEN ME can be fully managed through Zoom Portal
20. Does the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME support proximity sharing?
- No. Zoom for Home - DTEN ME does not support proximity sharing as this time. You can use the direct share from Zoom desktop client with a Zoom meeting on the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME by using the sharing key.
21. Can I use an android device to load additional applications? Download from the app store?
- No. The Zoom for Home - DTEN ME is customized DTEN OS Zoom Rooms Appliance ONLY. It is not an android mobile consumer device
22. Can you access an Internet browser to visit different websites using the DTEN ME?
- No. DTEN ME does not support the use of any Internet browsers since it’s designed solely as a Zoom Rooms appliance.
23. Can Zoom for Home - DTEN ME connect to an external mouse or keyboard wirelessly?
- No, not at this time
24. What operating system powers the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME?
- Zoom for Home - DTEN ME runs on DTEN OS and is configured to operate as a dedicated Zoom Rooms appliance only. It’s not an android mobile consumer device, nor can it be reconfigured to run any other operating system.
25. Can I access the Play store or download apps in Zoom for Home - DTEN ME?
- No you cannot. The Zoom for Home - DTEN ME is a dedicated Zoom Rooms appliance.
26. Can I mount Zoom for Home - DTEN ME on the wall? What VESA mount do I need?
- DTEN is compatible with standard VESA mounts in 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm. However, Zoom for Home - DTEN ME does not include a VESA mount adapter in the package.
27. Are there any cooling requirements for the DTEN ME and DTEN ME Pro for wall mounting?
- The best practice is to provide a 2-4" of clearance all the way around the display bezel for wall mounting.
28. How do I prevent the DTEN ME Pro from switching out of monitor mode to Zoom Rooms when
someone calls on the Zoom phone?
- Tap on the Gear icon in the Zoom Rooms home screen
- Go to: Systems Settings and tap on the Settings Icon
- In the General section, disable the “auto-switch” option
Note: Alternatively, while in Zoom Rooms, you can swipe up from the bottom-center of the screen and access the DTEN Menu directly.
29. How can I clean Zoom for Home - DTEN ME?
- Screen cleaner wipes and lens cleaning wipes are highly recommended for cleaning the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME panel. Additionally, a microfiber cloth will help to remove fingerprints and smudges on the glass. More details: HERE
Note: DTEN discourages users from spraying any cleaning solutions directly onto the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME display glass. It is advised to spray cleaning solutions into a cloth/paper towel and then cleaning the glass. Please avoid the use of alcohol- or vinegar-based cleaning agents with the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME.
More details: HERE
30. Does DTEN ME and DTEN ME PRO support Network SSID?
- Yes. Within the Settings menu, there is the ability to enter network name and password on the DTEN ME and DTEN ME PRO devices (Figure 30A).
Figure 30A. Device Settings menu
- You can also enter SSID WPA2-Enterprise authentication, please see below:
Figure 30B. Network authentication section
31. Can DTEN work with Captive Portal Authentication?
- DTEN ME does provide the capability to join into public-access networks that use Captive Portal Authentication (see Figure 31A below). These networks are typically used by business centers, airports, hotel lobbies, coffee shops, and other venues that offer free Wi-Fi hotspot for internet users.
Figure 31A. Example of a Captive Portal Authentication
32. Does the Zoom for Home - DTEN ME support proximity sharing?
- Yes. Both Zoom for Home - DTEN ME and DTEN ME Pro support proximity sharing.
Note: For complete instructions on how to use direct share through proximity sharing, please refer to this Zoom support article: ⟶ Here
- How to set up Zoom Room for shared spaces licensed room with Proximity Sharing:
- In the Zoom portal, go to: Zoom Rooms > Room Settings > Meeting
- Enable the Automatic direct sharing using ultrasonic proximity signal setting (Figure 32A):
Figure 32A. Zoom Rooms setting options
- How to set up a Personal Zoom Room with Proximity Sharing
- Tap the device screen, then tap the Settings gear icon (bottom-right of screen, Figure 32B).
Figure 32B. Settings icon
- Go to: General > Proximity Detection (Figure 32C).
- Click on the toggle button next to the setting to switch it on.
Figure 32C. Proximity Detection settings, in General section of Settings dialog
- How To Adjust the Proximity Signal Strength on DTEN ME or DTEN Me Pro
- Push the menu button on the back side of the DTEN ME or DTEN ME Pro unit to access the Dashboard. (You may also swipe across the device screen with three (3) fingers to view the Dashboard.)
- In the Dashboard, tap the Settings gear icon (left side of screen, see Figure 3D).
- Go to: General section (center column) and scroll down until you see the Proximity Signal setting (Figure 32D).
- Click the arrow next to this setting and select Normal, Range or Desktop.
Note: Usually the” Normal” option is used since it is for mid-range devices. The” Desktop” option is for nearby devices, while the “Range” option is for devices that are far away.
- Tap the Save button.
- Tap the Back to Dashboard button to exit.
Figure. 32D. Proximity Signal Strength setting, in General section (of Device Settings dialog)