- Available on DTEN Orbit portal, then on Zoom portal after 4-7 days
- DTEN ME should be powered on and connected to a stable or open Zoom whitelisted network without a firewall (ethernet preferred). For more information, click here
- Once started, the update will take approximately 30-45 minutes; DTEN ME will automatically restart. Note that the device will only update if it is not in a meeting or calendar event.
- Do not disconnect or power off during the update
- InclusiviZone for Video - Video Boundary
- Users can now define the cameras’ capture range on the Dashboard > Settings. With Auto/Multi-focus framing, the cameras will only capture individuals within the defined circumferential zone of the device's cameras.
- ME Factory Reset
- For devices with dual buttons behind the screen, long-press the top button for more than 10 seconds to initiate a factory reset.
- For devices with a single button behind the screen, insert a pin into the reset hole and hold it for more than 10 seconds to initiate a factory reset.
- Refine screen flicker issue.
- Only enable this if you are experiencing a screen flickering issue. Enable this to address the issue. It requires a restart of the meeting to take effect. This will ensure a smoother and more stable visual experience.
- Resolved the issue of ZR app upgrade failure via Zoom Portal when users are connected to a proxy network
- When the Video Boundary feature is enabled, the screen may appear to jump when people are positioned near the defined distance edge.
- When Inclusiview is enabled, color balance, image overlap, and misalignment issues with the camera stitching may occur.
- The screen may occasionally flash green during a meeting
- When multiple people are on the conference screen with Inclusiview enabled, the top of the screen may occasionally flash a red stripe
- The video output may occasionally be disabled, and the camera switch may be grayed out. Current workaround: Restart the device.
Zoom Rooms: 188.8.131.5236