Version 1.11.0 Update Requirements
- Available on DTEN Orbit portal, then on Zoom portal approximately 5-7 days later
- The DTEN Go should be powered on and connected to a stable and open or Zoom whitelisted network without a firewall (ethernet preferred). For information, click here
- The update will not start if the device is engaged in a meeting or calendar event
- The update takes approximately 30-45 minutes; DTEN D7 will automatically restart
- Do not disconnect or power off during the update
- Support for switching the current frequency of the camera on Orbit (50Hz/60Hz)
- GO with Mate (Screen Sleep) Standby Mode
- After the GO auto-sleep, the connected TV (via HDMI CEC) will be synchronized to sleep
- The Mate will auto-sleep after 3 minutes of idle status
- Mate supports connections to networks that require authentication (Captive Portal)
- Added "Don't show me again" option to the pop-up window displayed when the Mate loses connection with the GO
- App update may not be available in Settings --> General --> App Version on the device. We are currently asking Zoom to analyze the root cause, SZR users can update on the Zoom Portal.
- Zoom Rooms Controller app update is NOT available on the Zoom portal yet. This will be ready in near future releases. However, you can update the Zoom Rooms Controller on DTEN Orbit.
- It may take up to 30 seconds for DTEN GO to display the correct DTEN Mate version after boot up. If you see a version mismatch, please wait for it to be resolved
- There may be a delay in QR code scanning. Try adjusting the brightness in the DTEN Mate settings or tilting the DTEN Mate screen so it faces the DTEN GO camera at an angle
- Multiple plugging and unplugging of USB-C may cause the failure of the DTEN Smart Connect function. Restart the device to restore. This issue is being continuously optimized.
- Smart Connect Mode is not supported in ZRC mode
Zoom Rooms version: 18.104.22.1689